We’re looking for a Business Analyst to work in our Business Services team.
Salary range - based on experience.
Full time, permanent role
Location: Central London office or working remotely from home with some office working.
The Business Analyst will:
- Work closely with business owners and internal/external development teams, acting as a key interface throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Be responsible for capturing, developing and validating requirements for the business, adding value by reviewing and questioning these as appropriate.
- Translate complex data and technical principles into clear, easy to understand documentation.
- Working closely with technical and non-technical teams, ensuring that designs meet technical design and development standards.
- Creating clear but detailed specifications and data models so they are correctly understood, developed and tested through test plans and test cases.
- Responsible for visualising the design of solutions and managing the expectations of the business based on what is achievable.
- Produce sprint ready requirements and other documentation such as user stories
- Facilitate requirements discussions between end users, developers and other stakeholders, and helping them to write their own user stories, where possible.
- Liaise with end users and developers for clarification through daily stand-ups, workshops or other appropriate means
- Consider the end user in the design and implementation of solutions
- Ensure change is delivered to specifications by linking specs to requirements
- Determine risks, issues or dependencies with a project or operational activities
- Ensure Project Manager is kept aware of the status of assigned tasks, providing regular updates on progress and issues
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working in a similar role with experience of working in Agile and custom testing approaches/models
- Be highly analytical with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Requirements gathering/analysis and high-level solution design
- Understand IT and business strategy, able to understand and manage changing business and technical requirements
- Excellent wire framing, process mapping and technical writing skills
- Experience of Cucumber Behaviour Driven Development
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence tools
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to present complex solutions to stakeholders with different levels of knowledge
- Strong ability to use own initiative, with strong organisation skills to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure, maintaining high levels of attention to detail
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you would like to work for GeoPlace, to [email protected].
Closing Date: 25th September 2020 at 5pm.
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology.
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.