Team: Communities Team
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
When: From the start of December 2020
Who we are
Excellent addressing and accurate street data has the power to transform people’s lives. In Great Britain, GeoPlace is the guardian and champion of that information on a national scale. We act as a co-ordinator, supporting the nation’s street and addressing data creators, making that information widely available through Ordnance Survey and our statutory partners.
Working together with our partners, we maintain one of the nation’s largest, most valuable shared assets – standardised address and street indexes that are trusted by the whole of the public sector, the private sector and beyond.
The job role
You’ll be responsible for managing the content on the GeoPlace and JAG(UK) websites. Additionally, you will project manage the launch of the HAUC(UK) website and be responsible for performance reporting on the three platforms. You will also provide support for GeoPlace annual conference.
Manage online content to support GeoPlace’s outreach:
- Manage websites’ content
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve the user experience across GeoPlace platforms
- Report on performance of the three websites and track user engagement
- Be aware of and recommend new and creative ways of improving user experience, and the awareness and experience of our brand
- Project manage internal teams, external designers, clients and users to launch the HAUC(UK) website
- Manage the company’s social media presence
- Develop strategies to increase number of visitors to digital platforms
- Measure and report on performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals
- Support the online marketing of the GeoPlace annual conference as well as practical event management of the event.
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Previous experience of managing websites
- Previous experience of managing company social media accounts
- Data analysis and statistical analysis
- Planning and organising
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate customer experience across multiple channels, make recommendations and implement improvements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with different teams, understanding and balancing different goals and needs e.g. when devising website improvements
- Knowledge of analytics programmes such as Google analytics
- Knowledge of the range of marketing techniques
We offer 25 days holiday (in addition to normal and public bank holidays) per annum.
After a successful probation period, you’ll also have access to:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities for professional training
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
How to apply
Send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], detailing specifically why you’d like to work for GeoPlace. In particular, tell us how your personal experience can better help us connect with our audiences.
Closing Date is Monday 26th October 2020
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. Interviews will be held over the phone and via video.
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
Please note that this is a maternity cover contract for maximum of 12 months and will end when the employee on maternity leave resumes normal working hours.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE