GeoPlace is looking for a Local Authority Liaison Manager with excellent communication skills to act as a key contact point for over 500 local authority address and street data custodians and officers.
We are a friendly team and are looking for someone with a positive attitude and helpful demeanour.
Willingness to travel throughout England and Wales is a vital part of this role.
Salary - competitive
Full-time, fixed term role
Flexible working location – at our Central London office or working remotely from home
Open data and PSGA requirements co-ordination
- Responsible for providing one to one and group support to local authorities in understanding and delivering against the DCA data improvement measures and key data needs required to support the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA).
- Provide support and signposting for local authority officers who receive requests associated with open data provisions.
- Work closely with other support and data teams throughout GeoPlace to provide a range of co-ordinated and supported DCA services to local authority custodians and officers.
Exceptional circumstances process management
- Have overall responsibility, including periodic review of the DCA Authority Services and Essential Support processes. Investigate, liaise, consult and produce agreed essential support action plans for local authority custodians.
- Liaise with GeoPlace teams to develop excellent working relationships with local authority custodians and officers across England and Wales to ensure the regular supply of quality data updates is in accordance with the DCA; Data Entry Conventions, Data Transfer Format, Authority Updates Improvement Schedule and Compliance and Heath Check documentation.
- Provide regular updates across the business on progress with Non-Contributing Authorities and pre-empting those authorities who may be likely to become a Non-Contributing Authority. Liaising with/preparing reports for the DCA Authority Contacts Executive (ACE) or external governance groups.
Regional meetings and Chairs meetings
- Support and organise the DCA governance processes, both internally and externally, through the coordination and management of the agendas, logistics, presentation and attendance at DCA working group(s) meetings, Regional custodian and officer meetings, Regional custodian chairs and ACE meetings
- Ensure other teams have appropriate sight and inclusion on the agenda e.g. Data team
- Presenting at meetings where, as required.
- You will be confident managing and influencing others verbally and in writing.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of seniority and technical ability.
- An enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Technical and non-technical document authoring experience.
- Analytical mind.
- Well organised with attention to detail.
We offer 25 days holiday (in addition to normal and public bank holidays) per annum.
After completion of probation a successful candidate will also be able to take advantage of such benefits as:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities for professional training
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
How to apply
Deadline – Friday 31st July 2020.
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Initial interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for GeoPlace to [email protected].
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE