GeoPlace is looking for a Senior Database Engineer who will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of database components critical to the assurance validation and reporting on the ingestion of data.
The successful applicant will be joining a small and friendly team of agile thinkers who are ready to learn new technologies, techniques, and architectures. For us, it is not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be willing and able to learn.
Salary – Competitive – based on experience
Permanent, full time role.
- Design and develop bespoke database components for new and existing systems and associated sub-components.
- Work closely with Software Architect, Software and infrastructure engineers to help build and support integrated, robust and secure solutions
- Develop iteratively and test early on the release cycle; report on task progress regularly; promptly raise risks and arrange for mitigation
- Provide support and bug fixing when required.
- Design and create unit test cases and make your code work seamlessly in a continuous integration environment
- Tuning and optimization of database performance
- Build and keep an up-to-date knowledge base of software systems including technical and end-user documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, product owners, stakeholders and other business functions.
- Produce functional specifications and provide estimates on required work to the Delivery Manager.
- Comply with change control, source control and configuration management tools and practices.
- Work with the business users and business analysts to produce detailed technical designs for required systems development.
- Follow and promote software development best practices and maintain the highest quality of delivered software.
- Help with the training and development of junior developers within the Data team.
You will have proven expertise in developing software using Oracle with PL/SQL
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of seniority and technical ability
- Experience of automated testing of Oracle database packages
- Experience of working with Agile or Waterfall techniques.
- Design, Development and support experience
- Strong understanding of database interactions with Web Services, SOAP, data Access layer & queues (Kafka)
- Understanding of distributed systems and asynchronous processes
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Geospatial data
- Postgres PL/pgSQ
We offer 25 days holiday (in addition to normal and public bank holidays) per annum.
After the completion of the probation period the successful candidate will also be able to take advantage of such benefits as:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities for professional training
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
This full-time role comes with a flexible working location - you can either work at our Central London office or work remotely from home.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you would like to work for GeoPlace.
Closing Date is 31st July 2020.
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology.
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE