Software Engineer - Products
Reporting to: Head of products
Contract: Permanent full-time role
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Central London office or working remotely from home with some office working
You will work with both technical and business users to analyse and understand product requirements. You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of existing systems and the development of new products as and when required.
We are an outgoing and diverse team who are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is keen to take ownership of tasks and work collaboratively as well as share their knowledge with fellow team members.
- Adherence to software development standards and the preparation of technical design and testing, using TDD (Test Driven Development) and CD (Continuous Delivery) where practicable
- Maintenance of existing web applications and services
- Working with technical and business users to gather requirements and develop business-focused solutions while being responsible for planning and estimating project deliveries
- Responsible for design, development, maintenance and technical research into new functionality to use within our applications
- Coordinating with the Infrastructure team to maintain and develop the best tools to support the development processes
- Co-ordinate with database team on application development and support
- Continuously improve the processes involved in products generation
- Support new development processes, code enhancement strategies and functionality for products
- Work with other team members within Products to deliver enhancement to existing products and new products development
- Work collaboratively with cross teams within the organisation to achieve company goals
- Involve in requirements gathering and specification phases of the software development process
- Define technical requirements for business and/or functionality needs
- Provide support to tester for automation
- Java 11 and above
- Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Spring OAuth and REST API
- Apache Camel
- Maven, and Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Angular 8 and above
- Proficiency in Linux/OSX working practices
- Git, Bitbucket, docker and flyway
- Knowledge of various databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- JIRA, JIRA Agile and Confluence experience
- Apache Solr
- UX and UI design patterns
- Cucumber and Selenium
- TDD/BDD and Continuous Delivery principles
- Geospatial technology experience, such as GDAL, Oracle Spatial, GeoServer and OpenLayers
Vision & Values
The post holder will undertake other duties as appropriate to the post to support and contribute to the delivery of GeoPlace’s Vision, Mission and Objectives as described in the Business Plan.
Conform to, and ensure team members conform to, established Quality, Information Security, IT , Health and Safety, Equality and other GeoPlace policies and procedures as defined in the Company Handbook.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to work for GeoPlace to [email protected] .co.uk
Friday 10 December 2021 at 17.00 hrs.
- We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
- Interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology in the first instance.
- Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
GeoPlace is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, age, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, race, or pregnancy and maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.