Spatial Data Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Data Insights
Permanent Role, Full-time
Salary based on experience
Location: Central London office or working remotely from home with some office working.
You will play a key role in the development of the Address and Street data within GeoPlace. Supporting the work of the Data Insights Team you will provide high quality analysis to enable a greater understanding of our data. This will provide evidence for decision making to drive the data forward and provide increased value to our users.
- Analysing Address and Street data in conjunction with related datasets such as Ordnance Survey Products (e.g. MasterMap Topography Layer and Functional Sites Layer, Code-Point Polygons, Boundary Line), open data and data sourced from third parties
- Developing new analysis techniques and processes to assist in improving data quality
- Producing compelling and professional evidence for technical and management forums
- Injecting new ideas, innovation and best practice in the field of data analysis into the business
- Working to agreed briefs, timelines and procedures
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is up to date and complete in line with the company Quality Management System
- Provide support to the Helpdesk and other members of the wider Data Management Team as required
- Assist the Head of Data Insights in the user acceptance testing of system, data or process changes
- Represent the Data Insights Team at internal and external meetings
- an analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving
- excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- basic planning and organisation skills
- a desire to provide exceptional levels of service
- an open and transparent manner
- an ability to build strong relationships built on mutual trust and respect
- an ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- the confidence to question and improve working practices and influence technical decisions
- degree level familiarity (or equivalent with appropriate evidence) of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including common concepts, algorithms and data formats (including GML)
- intermediate knowledge of databases and database query languages (including SQL)
- an understanding of GIS architecture and the increasing role of web services/APIs
- proficiency with some of the common GIS software packages (e.g. MapInfo, ESRI, GeoServer, Open Layers, PostGIS or QGIS)
- an awareness of gazetteers and address data including BS7666, National Land and Property Gazetteer, Royal Mail Postcode Address File(PAF) and AddressBase Products
- an awareness of key national geographic datasets including Ordnance Survey’s MasterMap Topography Layer, OSMM Highways, Code-Point with Polygons and Boundary Line products
The post holder will undertake other duties as appropriate to the post to support and contribute to the delivery of GeoPlace’s Vision, Mission and Objectives as described in the Business Plan.
Compliance: The post holder will conform to established Quality, Information Security, IT, Health and Safety, Equality and other GeoPlace policies and procedures as defined in the Company Handbook.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you would like to work for GeoPlace to [email protected]
Closing Date: 29th January 2021 at 5.00 pm.
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology.
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE