Junior Technical Products Engineer - Products Team
Reporting to: Head of Products Publication
Permanent Role, Full-time
Salary based on experience
Location: Central London office or working remotely from home with some office working.
We are looking for:
- A passion for technology, including spatial data
- Good communication skills
- An analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving.
Junior Technical Products Engineer shall be responsible for:
- working with the GeoPlace teams to coordinate core production processes involved in the supply of Address and Streets Data to Ordnance Survey and other customers in line with agreed service levels.
- Co-ordination and collaboration with Ordnance Survey Product teams
- defining appropriate data quality controls and ensuring they are successfully performed and recorded.
- signing-off of defined product deliverables in line with agreed specifications
- the testing and acceptance of system, data or process changes
- ensuring all relevant documentation is up to date and complete in line with the company Quality Management System
- Basic analysis of product data issues reported by Ordnance Survey / other customers
Junior Technical Products Engineer shall have:
- good planning and organisation skills
- good written and verbal communication skills
- Database query language (including SQL) knowledge.
- an analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving.
- a desire to provide exceptional levels of service.
- an open and transparent manner
- a methodical approach to problem-solving
- an interest in spatial data and GIS
- a degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Geography or Maths
GeoPlace collects the data needed to deliver one of the UK’s most valuable resources – a single, definitive address database that holds millions of pieces of information. To do this, we also set the guidance for and maintain the UK’s National Address Gazetteer infrastructure. Our work involves:
- Creating and maintaining data models
- Check the quality of vast quantities of data
- Cleansing data, making sure it meets high standards
- Working with many organisations, balancing their needs.
We also provide support services and consultancy that helps businesses, local and central government, and organisations of all kinds to improve the collection and use of spatial data.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to work for GeoPlace to [email protected]
Closing Date: 18th June 2021 at 5pm.
We reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be conducted via telephone and video technology.
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE