GeoPlace - Bringing Location to Life
USRNs To make life easier for your IT team, we’ve created a logo widget for them. It does all the work linking to FindMyStreet and FindMyAddress and allows you to incorporate it easily and securely into your authority’s website.
GeoPlace has created two new services designed to support local authorities, and now that UPRNs and USRNs are open data, reduce the burden on responding to members of the public.
About the services
FindMyStreet (FMS) and FindMyAddress (FMA) are tools that make it easier to see the names and locations of every street in England and Wales; which ones are maintainable at public expense and their USRNs; and which UPRNs are allocated to which official addresses.
- FMS reduces the strain on customer-facing teams as householders search for information about where they live. It also services legislative requirements for providing a list of streets that are maintainable at public expense and can be used as an alternative to the publicly available paper copy List of Streets
- FMA is a simple lookup tool that provides the official address, location and UPRN for every property in Great Britain.
UPRNs and USRNs
Several local authorities have already linked directly to the services from their websites and are receiving benefits such as:
- Delivering a service to members of the public and other users through an easy-to-query tool on highway responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance to the List of Streets statutory requirements
- Providing enhanced functionality for List of Streets requirement, such as mapping, filtering and sorting as well as timely monthly updates
- Reducing time in answering queries from members of the public to resolve issues regarding street identification and maintenance responsibility
- Increasing data quality as the public and property professionals report on missing streets
- Supporting social distancing, yet still provide a service during COVID-19 restrictions by directing personal search agents to use FindMyStreet instead of coming to county map rooms
- Supporting customer services. Authorities’ call centres are directing the public to the services before issuing a request to the Highways and Addressing teams
- Giving staff a quick and simple tool to review location information
- Supporting street naming and number applications
- See this case study from Leicestershire County Council on how it has used FMS to aid with the classification of streets.
Linking to FMA and FMS
If you would like to link directly to FMS and FMA from your website to receive similar benefits, we have put together some resources to help you do this.
To make life easier for your IT team, we’ve created a logo widget for them. It does all the work linking to FindMyStreet and FindMyAddress and allows you to incorporate it easily and securely into your authority’s website.
- Click here to get more information about how the widget works, configure your widget, and download your code
If you would prefer to just link from a logo, then you can:
If you have any questions, we’re very happy to provide support and take you through the process of implementing the widgets or logo. Please contact Gayle Gander if you need further assistance.