Good quality address and street data underpin many aspects of local government business; from large transformation projects with the gazetteers at the heart, saving the authorities millions of pounds; to smaller initiatives which have found clever ways to join up other information, or to use the gazetteers in unusual ways.
Good data is critical in all of this. Without accurate, current and well maintained data many of these challenges simply won't be solved.
The Awards highlight Custodians' roles within their authorities and enable their work to be more widely promoted to all parts of the authority. They allow the many services which currently use address and street data to see that the high standard of the data is externally recognised. They also highlight to any potential users of the datasets that they too can use consistent and up to date address or street data in their projects.
The Exemplar Awards are presented in the following categories:
- Exemplar Award
- Peer Award
Data Quality and Improvement Awards, including:
- The Improvement Award for Addresses
- The Improvement Award for Streets
- The Data Quality Award for Addresses
- The Data Quality Award for Streets
- The Best in Region Award for Addresses
- The Best in Region Award for Streets
- Gold Award for Address Data
- Gold Award for Street Data
- Platinum Award for Address Data
- Platinum Award for Street Data
Find out details about each category below, including how to enter