Peer Awards 2023
Many colleagues have often gone above and beyond to support their organisations’ aims for using location data, or have supported the wider DCA community. GeoPlace’s Peer Awards recognise those contributions and the outstanding achievements within local authorities, by Address and Street Custodians working in England and Wales.
The Peer Award is nominated by you for the work of a colleague that you believe deserves wider recognition.
You may know someone who’s made a major contribution to the overall DCA governance process; taken part in activities at a national or regional or county level; worked hard to support Technical Working Parties under tough conditions; found new ways to work with other Custodians on local issues – or done an outstanding job in raising awareness about the benefits of address and street information within their authority.
- Do you know someone who’s always ready to help, lend support, or pass on helpful advice?
- Is there a fellow Custodian you’d like to nominate for their work at a county, regional or national level? Someone who’s worked on behalf of the community through the DCA governance process?
- Can you nominate a fellow Custodian who consistently performs well? Perhaps someone who contributes to the wider community through membership of one of the Working Groups, or just deserves some recognition – because they’re doing a great job?
- Is there a Custodian who’s an exemplar at networking, or has done something exceptional to establish the gazetteer as a recognised asset in their authority?
This is your chance to nominate someone for GeoPlace’s Peer Awards 2023. The nominations will all be reviewed in detail and judged by representatives from GeoPlace.
Please find the application form below.
Peer Award Entry Form
Entries for the Peer Award should be made by completing this online entry form and submitting it by 17.00 on 17th April 2023
Past recipients include:
- David Heyes, Wigan Council 2021
- Christopher Bell, Wirral Borough Council, 2019
- Ian David, Bridgend County Borough Council, 2018
- Rachel Antcliffe, Leeds City Council, 2017
- David Lloyd, Huntingdonshire District Council, 2016
- Glenn Dobson, Hull City Council and Pauline Clifford, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, 2015
- Marilyn George, East Riding of Yorkshire, 2014
- Martin Laker, Bath & North East Somerset Council, 2013 (page 42)
- Cathy Coelho, Oxford City Council, 2012
- Shaun Powell, Newport City Council, 2011