Exemplar Award 2023
We want to highlight your work. It makes a difference.
GeoPlace’s Exemplar Awards are a powerful way to show local authority leaders why they should be investing in maintaining quality data, and how best practice can be delivered in their own areas too.
Local authorities have shown their resilience in the face of challenge, and dedication to enabling quality data during 2022-2023. As always, Custodians have been at the forefront of ensuring the nation has resilient data to respond to emergencies, whether that be protecting vulnerable people and supporting the national response to COVID or providing support in civil contingencies
Although COVID-19 has again been the big focus for society as a whole over the last year, local authorities have also been delivering services as usual. We’re now accepting entries for the Exemplar Awards, recognising both the outstanding work that’s being done in the face of a global pandemic and the exceptional level of services being delivered by local government throughout.
If you’ve worked on a project that benefits people or your authority in some way or the data you’ve been maintaining has been used to great effect – perhaps in collaboration with partners – please let us know.
A key focus of the judges for this award will be the demonstration of both savings delivered and/or collaboration across services and/ or organisations for service delivery whilst meeting a clear user need.
Entries can be based on:
- Integrating your gazetteer within other departments
- Supporting vulnerable people
- Collaborating with emergency services
- Bringing data and systems together to deliver services better
- Using UPRNs/USRNs to facilitate data sharing and joining to inform council policy and strategy
- Making a difference to your local community.
You’re welcome to send in one entry, or multiple entries – we recognise there’s no limit to the impact of your work or what can be achieved with location data – and we’re particularly interested in entries that show the human side of your work. It doesn’t have to be Shakespeare, to qualify for an Exemplar Award.
Please find the application form below.
Exemplar Award entry form
Entries for the Exemplar Award should be made by completing this online entry form and submitting it by 17.00 on 17th April 2023
Past winners of this Award include:
- 2021: Riley Marsden, Business Intelligence Technical Solutions Lead, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- 2019: Sophie Birchall-Rogerson, Senior Management Information Systems Officer, Conwy County Council
- 2018: Keith Stanton, Business Systems Support Manager, Mid Sussex District Council
- 2017: Ryan Gilchrist from Northumberland County Council
- 2016: Rachel Antcliffe from Leeds City Council
- 2015: Luke Chittock from the London Borough of Bromley
- 2014: Michelle Williams from the Joint Emergency Services Group (Wales)