Primarily it allows local authorities to manage all streetworks carried out by themselves and by statutory undertakers in an efficient manner on the national road network.
This brochure explains the importance of the LSG and the LGS Custodian.
Maintaining and using an up-to-date LGS enables an authority to:
- work more effectively with partners and neighbouring authorities
- coordinate streetworks and assets locally and nationally
- provide better and safer services for citizens
- meet statutory legislation
- create a national resource.
Key to this is the LSG custodian, who is crucial to the delivery of data improvements as well as the onward management of LSGs.
Download the 'Improving services and keeping your authority moving' brochure.