Improvements to the BLPU Co-ordinates will have the following benefits:
- It will greatly enhance data consistency across the product range
- Supports Buildings based applications of the data. For example Flood Risk management
- Improves the general perception of the data and promotes national consistency
- Supports migration for users of AL2 and AddressPoint to using UPRNs through AddressBase.
- Assists the synchronisation of the AddressBase products with MasterMap® Topographic layers.
There will be a one off exercise on legacy data as well as regular update files with each release of MasterMap which should provide Custodians the following benefits
- It will make it easier to pick up changes to MasterMap.
- Provide intelligence on when buildings have been surveyed.
- It will also assist with realigning BLPU points with MM in areas where PAI has taken place.
If you have any general questions, please contact the Helpdesk in the first instance [email protected]