In 2019 we made it possible for anyone to find and see the name and location of every street in England and Wales and to understand which ones are maintained at public expense.
Now we’ve improved the FindMyStreet service, making it more useful and even easier to use. The new FindMyStreet will go live on 11/02/21 with these exciting new updates in place:
- Redesign of the map Information feature to provide users with more necessary details
- Road Classification information displayed where it is made available
- Improvements to filtering and searching on the List of Streets and a single click that will lead you directly to the map
- Our search tools are more intuitive – making it easier to find the streets you’re interested in
- Improved the dual language map display, and improved the way FindMyStreets shows the Welsh language
- You can share a specific USRN with someone else
FindMyStreet uses the National Street Gazetteer continues to show useful information about who’s responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of streets in England and Wales. It’s an important tool helping to reduce the burden on local authorities who have to handle those queries manually. FindMyStreet also helps local highway authorities to meet their Highways Act Section 36 (6) obligations.
Try FindMyStreet here – we’d like to hear your thoughts on how it works.