View resouces from the webinar on the Khub at https://khub.net/group/geoplace/group-forum/-/message_boards/message/309994559.
This includes slides from:
- Nick Chapallaz
- Steve Brandwood
- Cathy Coelho
- Jonathan Williams
A recording of the webinar, including the announcement of the Exemplar Award winners at 1 hour 17 minutes.
List of winners from the Exemplar Awards - https://www.geoplace.co.uk/exemplar/award-winners
- Answers to questions asked through the Slido app - https://khub.net/group/geoplace/group-forum/-/message_boards/view_message/309994559
- FAQs relating the PSGA announcement from GeoPlace - https://khub.net/group/geoplace/group-forum/-/message_boards/message/298923971
- The OS Open Identifiers Policy -https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-government/tools-support/open-mastermap-programme/open-id-policy
Webinar on 29th April 2020
In place of the postponed GeoPlace annual conference, GeoPlace ran a webinar from 14.00 until around 15.30 on Wednesday 29th April.
The webinar is an important opportunity to be briefed, to celebrate the impact of your work across the whole of the public sector and for you to question that changes coming in the next year. Please do invite colleagues in your authority that are also impacted to watch it.
Join us to hear from Nick Chapallaz, Managing Director of GeoPlace, who outlines how the work of the local authority teams managing address and street data has now been acknowledged at the highest levels in Government and introduce you to the changes that GeoPlace is making to best support you going forward. Nick also highlights how the UPRN is being used to bridge the central and local government response to COVID-19 and what this means for the Improvement Schedules.
Steve Brandwood, Executive Director discusses in further detail his email on 2nd April announcing the new Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) and opening up of the UPRN and USRN. Steve delves into:
- the anticipated impact on local government
- data improvements over the next 3 years
- the financial support for DCA authorities to help with responses to open data and data improvement work
- what the Open UPRN and USRN actually are and what they will mean for the DCA community
- the mandate from GDS that UPRNs and USRNs be used as a standard across the public sector
- the support that GeoPlace will provide to DCA authorities, now and in the coming year
We also celebrate the exceptional work that authorities have done over the past year through the announcement and presentation of the Data Quality and Improvement Awards including all Gold Award winners.
The webinar was interactive, using the Slido tool to crowdsource the questions that you would like answered. Questions were sent in via app.sli.do/event/yk8d6qsj/live/questions and voted on by participants.
We opened the discussion with a question: What are the challenges for you in your authority, is there anything more that we can do help you? app.sli.do/event/yk8d6qsj/live/polls
To access the recording of the webinar, please email [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE, THIS WEBINAR IS FOR DCA MEMBERS AND INVITED GUESTS.